Community Mission Day
HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Folks will still be able to work on projects in the upcoming months, we will not be meeting as a group. Check out the list of potential projects and contact anyone on the Community Mission Day for more information to serve.
(Sponsored by Dover, Eskridge Grove, Palmer Grove, and Zion Baptist-
and any other churches are welcome)
It is a day where folks from different churches gather together to serve on various mission projects. We meet for breakfast then head out in small groups to help build handicap ramps, clean gutters for homebound, cook lunches for the men’s and women’s shelter, visit with people in the nursing homes, and serve God in other various ways. Most projects are completed by lunch time while others may finish up in the afternoon.
Purpose of the Mission day
– to go and serve those in need within our community, “whatever you did for the least of these, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
– to build up the Christian fellowship within our church partnerships, (Dover, Eskridge Grove, Palmer Grove, Zion, and other churches)
How can I help?
Pray for all the mission projects, those being helped, and those serving that God’s glory may be seen and felt in everything we do. Donate monies to help cover the cost of supplies for the mission projects. Volunteer to serve on Community Mission Day. Volunteer to help lead a project on CMD.
Potential Projects for 2020 Potential Projects
1. Prayer Team, praying for the projects.
4. Join a singing group and share God’s message in word and song at nursing homes, homebound folks, or shelters.
5. Craft Project with residents at nursing homes
8. Prepare lunch and serve at the Men’s Shelter.
9. Men’s Shelter-Help with a variety of projects – painting projects inside the shelter.
10. Help build a handicap ramp in Kingstown.
11. Help build a handicap ramp in Lawndale.
12. Help build a handicap ramp in Lawndale.
15. Help build Pergula for the Independent Living Apartments for the Children’s Homes.
16. Help with a few projects at the Aaron’s Children home in Lattimore
19. Pressure Wash/ Yard work team– help a few homes in community.
20. Cooking Class for the Children home and Freezer Meals
21. Lap Blankets for Hospice
22. Other minor construction projects to complete.