Community Mission Day
March 30th, 2019
8am Breakfast -Zion
(Sponsored by Dover, Eskridge Grove, Palmer Grove, and Zion Baptist-
and any other churches are welcome)
It is a day where folks from different churches gather together to serve on various mission projects. We meet for breakfast then head out in small groups to help build handicap ramps, clean gutters for homebound, cook lunches for the men’s and women’s shelter, visit with people in the nursing homes, and serve God in other various ways. Most projects are completed by lunch time while others may finish up in the afternoon.
Purpose of the Mission day
– to go and serve those in need within our community, “whatever you did for the least of these, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
– to build up the Christian fellowship within our church partnerships, (Dover, Eskridge Grove, Palmer Grove, Zion, and other churches)
How can I help?
Pray for all the mission projects, those being helped, and those serving that God’s glory may be seen and felt in everything we do. Donate monies to help cover the cost of supplies for the mission projects. Volunteer to serve on Community Mission Day. Volunteer to help lead a project on CMD.
1. Prayer Team, praying for the project each day and on March 30.
2. Breakfast prep and clean-up 6:30 – 9:30 at Zion Baptist
3. Lunch for Community Mission Day volunteers. Prepare and deliver lunches to mission teams. 10:00 – 2:00 (Zion Baptist, SDR)
4. Join a singing group and share God’s message in word and song at nursing homes, homebound folks, or shelters.
5. Craft Project with residents at nursing homes
6. Prepare lunch for Women’s Shelters
7. Child Care for children of Community Mission Volunteers (children ages birth – 7 years) 9:00 – 12:00 noon
8. Prepare lunch and serve at the Men’s Shelter.
9. Men’s Shelter-Help with a variety of projects from landscaping around the shelter and transitional home to painting projects inside the shelter.
10. Help build a handicap ramp in Kingstown.
11. Help build a handicap ramp in Lawndale.
12. Help build a handicap ramp in Casar.
13. Media Team– travel to each work site to take pictures and videos.
14. Handmade Prayer Books and Journals—books will include scripture and then delivered later to hospice patients and their families.
15. Help build Picnic Tables for the Independent Living Apartments for the Children’s Homes.
16. Help build a Playground for Aaron’s Children home in Lattimore
17. Painting Project, Book Box, Landscaping at Washington Elementary
18. Landscaping project at Union Elementary
19. Pressure Wash/ Yard work team– help a few homes in community.
20. Freezer Meals
21. Lap Blankets for Hospice
To Donate Online- Select Quick Give, then under MY Donation – Select Local Community Missions Fund